Ew, my butt needs some squats. Seriously. Too much information? Too bad, I need to scream it from the mountain tops to shame myself!
I have been a weight lifter for the last 13 years or so. In the last year, things went a little haywire. Training became sporadic and then, eventually, faded away into oblivion. I'm pretty sure that all of my hard-earned muscle morphed into liquid that now sloshes about while I walk. O.k., I'm exaggerating, but I really do feel lousy.
Striations in a butt. Too ambitious? That there would be my hubby. What was that about fat making you fat? Ha! So, I don't want to look like that, but I wouldn't mind a fraction of the lean/hardness combo.
So, while our diet would be considered great by some standards, I see room for improvement. For one, we need to get rid of all the sugars in our diet, including the raw honey (liquid sugar with a massive wallop of fructose to really give it to your fat cells) that finds it way into my tea every afternoon. Speaking of tea, caffeine seems to have become a mainstay in my diet. It's terrible for my sad little adrenal glands so it, too, has to go. Bye bye organic coffee in the morning with my big dollop of lovely, raw cream. I will remember you always.
And while I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with raw, organic cheese, I'm going to cut back on that. I find that I have a pretty tough time really leaning out with cheese so I'm going to experiment a bit there. I'll let you know how it goes.
So, that's what has to go. Here's what I want to do more of:
- Increase my consumption of raw animal products (eggs, meat, fermented raw dairy). I eat a good amount of protein, but most of it is cooked to some degree. I'd like to increase the raw foods for a while and see how it affects my energy and digestion.
- Increase my fermented veggie consumption
- Lift!! I will start lifting weights again this week. Heaven help me! Nothing like the pain one has to pay for being a slacker for a few months.
- Maintain my level of healthy fat consumption for now. I might play with that a little later. For now, I'll leave it where it's at (meaning, plenty)
- More bone broth soups. I really notice a difference when I'm consuming these nourishing, mineral-rich broths. Right now, we have broth a couple of times a week, I'd like to increase that.
- I'm also going to switch out my raw butter for ghee in order to get rid of the remaining lactose in my diet.
- HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training three times a week. Sprints, hill runs, stair runs, all done for short duration, high intensity to rev my metabolism and preserve lean mass (the fat burning engine).
- Longer duration walks in the woods, because it feeds my soul.
- Firm up all my bits
- Clear my brain
- Improve my energy levels
- Kick the caffeine habit
- Improve circulation and liver health
- Feel strong and powerful in body and mind
What about you? Want to join me? I'm looking for more energy, to feel good in my jeans, and to improve my digestion. What do you want?